Monday, January 28, 2008

Name That Monkey




So we named the monkey-boy, though he shall remain, probably, for the duration of this blog 'monkey boy', 'mk' or 'number two son". One of the things I adore about my culture is some of our traditions, which seem like no big deal, but which really, really are. A big deal, I mean. And special. Like the naming ceremony, such as the one we had for 'le petit monkey'. What is monkey in french anyway? We just invited a few friends and family, because I didn't want it to be 'business as usual', huge party, messy house afterwards, people you don't care for that much, rahrahrah. Who needs that? So we went the peaceful, intimate route and I got to experience the naming of my second born through the eyes of people who had never been to one, and that was so great. So thank you friends who attended. You know who you are.


In 'Other News Of The Day', two kids is so much harder than one. Believe that. Whew! But I'd do it again in a heartbeat - only cos I am slightly crazy, I guess. :) . What else? Oh, at my last 'weigh in', I had dropped 9 pounds total. I know, it's depressing. Considering my son weighed in at 7 pounds 5 oz or so, I'm doing the math and I still don't get it. Also perplexing is the whole "tummy taut' thing I bought. The jury is still out on that one.


xoxo, pp

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Monkey = un singe