Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bribing Toddlers and all that good stuff...





We all do it, so don't judge me. Since I'm home on waiting on this 'phantom baby', I have the privilege of 'drop off' and 'pick up' duty of the little prince to/from preschool. Inevitably he cries. But only when 'Mama' is dropping him off. When Daddy drops him off (which is 98% of the time), he is stoic and happy and a regular 'little mr. sunshine'. I don't get it - is it some kind of unspoken male code not to cry in front of each other, even when one is say, two years old? Or is it because he sees me for like 1.5 hours a day (when I am working) that he feels separation anxiety more? I think so, and that's not an easy one to swallow, as an already guilty mom, so hence the bribes. Yesterday it was the promise of a new 'choo-choo', which he forgot about, today it was a pack of construction stickers slipped into his chubby hand as he wiped his face with the other. I just love my little man so much, don't wanna see him cry! I mean. who could resist that face???? Soooo, the bribes will continue 'until morale improves.' Gotta love parenting, no?

No comments: