Monday, June 2, 2008

Travel Torture Chamber



Travelling with two children could be a new form of torture. Easily. Add cramped seats and no pillows or blankets to the mix and it is literally, hell. This is why I would happily kiss the printing press that Cookie is produced on. It is the best, hippest and one of the truly useful magazines for modern mamas out there, if you've never heard of this literary phenom before. Once you get past the Prada dresses for children, they actually do cater to regular people. Well, kinda.


This months' mag is packed with useful articles, like the 'anatomy of a trip' which gives handy tips from national caregiver directories to sending bulk baby items ahead. (babiestravellite.com). I also appreciated the heads up on cool family vacation spots where the kids are treated like royalty and parents actually get to have a vacation, without it being a noisy, chaotic kids fiesta like some Holiday Inns turn out to be. That kind of environment can really suck the joy out of your vacation, like being in one giant daycare, if you know what I mean. Even if breakfast is free.

Filed under 'why didn't I come up with that idea?'
www.babiesplay.com is a toy rental online site where toys are vetted for lead poisoning and recalls and sent to your home for a nominal monthly membership fee. Like Netflix meets Toysrus. I like it!

toodles, pp

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for recommending BabyPlays.com on your site! We are also big fans of COOKIE. Look for an amazing article on our company in an upcoming issue. Our travel plan is the first of its kind in the world. All of our toys are phthalate free, lead tested and contain fresh batteries. We thoroughly sanitize each toy using a non-toxic all natural EPA approved disinfectant. I pride myself on choosing safe, exciting and high quality toys for our program. My goal is to bring joy to your family while respecting our environment. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!
Warm Regards,
Lori Pope
Founder & CEO
BabyPlays.com

PradaPrincipal said...

You're absolutely Welcome Lori! I love innovative products/services that make my life a little easier!