Tuesday, June 17, 2008


Father's Day.

This is a tough one for me to write. Not because I don't love my father, because I did. It's the remembering that he's gone and dealing with it, that hurts. Really, really, bad. One and a half years later and the outward has healed, but the little girl inside still misses her Daddy. But I am so grateful for the time that I did have with him and I am so appreciative of the man that he was and the example that he set. As my sister wrote in her funeral tribute to him - "I had a Father." And not just biologically, either. Not many can say that with conviction, so I want to honor his memory today and say "Rest in Peace, Dad". I cannot wait to see you and sit in your lap again.

And for my husband who is a wonderful Father to our two little boys, I say good job Daddy! We love you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

chinwe really touching yes the lord says we should give thanks in all things so we bless him for you having him as ure dad the tombstone is fitting of such a fine man i bless the lord with u sis!