Tuesday, April 1, 2008

La Dolce Diaper



I'm a simple girl at heart. Really, I am. But I love nice things, I mean who doesn't, right? It's not an obsessive, all consuming love for nice things, as in I can totally do without them. I mean, I'm the girl who goes for half a year without buying anything for myself. Until something triggers it - like these gorgeous, dark purple suede flats (so dark mind you, that you would swear they were black in some lighting) adorned with outsize flowers that I scored at DSW. The flowers somehow just make this demure style of shoe tres, tres chic. Love them!

But I was trying to make a point before I got caught up in rhapsodies. The other day I went into BJ's on a budget. A $100 budget. Now we all know how difficult it is to spend just $100 at BJs, Costco or any of those bulk warehouses. The temptation of a 'deal' is just too much for me to resist, so I always come home with a ton of stuff that I don't really need that much - like Mr. Clean Magic erasers for days. But on that occasion, I had somehow managed to avoid the pitfalls and I made it to the diaper aisle only to find that they had increased the price of Huggies diapers from $29.99 to $37.99. Highway robbery in the 'burbs, if you ask me. So I decided to go generic with the BJ's brand. Gasp. I know, bad bad momma. Can his butt really tell the difference though? The guilt has plagued me for days, especially when I remember that I will be toting around those diapers in a burberry diaper bag. Am I going to mommy purgatory? In my defence, that kid should be potty trained by now. I'm just saying.

Fondly, PP

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was in the same dilenma but i found a midle ground...Luvs. It was hard to give up my cute little "namebrands"...but I could not stand the yellow duckies on the BJs. So at least i still get my Dora and Diego and save a few bucks. I started PT'ing Tobe today though so hopefully it'll all be a distant memory soon anyway.

N!

PradaPrincipal said...

Thanks Ngozi - the BJs diapers, in my opinion sucked majorly. They were paper thin and yes, those duckies are hard to look at! I bought Luvs yesterday, so I'm gonna give em a whirl. Fingers and toes crossed...