Friday, March 8, 2013

Full Circle

I was gonna save this post for next month, when the anniversary of the 1 year renewal of our vows would occur and then it would be more fitting. More suited to the occasion, more apt.

Then all of a sudden, I couldn't wait. Or more like, didn't want to wait. Maybe I thought of all the other posts I have sat on, waiting for the perfect timing, that never came. Or the perfect words I had that I totally forgot when the 'perfect time' came, and I thought, "Nah, today is good enough for me."

So, nine years ago, my sister read an excerpt from 'The Velveteen Rabbit' at my ceremony. I love that book, and the excerpt about what it means to be loved and how it feels to be loved. I've always loved the book, even as a child, when my understanding of it was superficial at best. It touched my core.

Now, to see my seven year old reading it, and getting it, albeit on his level? It touches my core. Yes it does. One day he'll get it on the level I get it NOW.

But for today? Well, today is good enough. :)

Be well, pp

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful memory (and wedding). Happy anniversary!

PradaPrincipal said...

Thank you so much, anonymous! :)