Thursday, March 18, 2010

Fashionphile & going green



Where hast thou been all my life? I need to know so that I can make sense of all the wasted years and dollars that my thirst for fashion has produced.

I shop. Alot. I have. Alot. Of clothes. And guilt, naturally. So I assuage my guilt in two ways: a) telling myself that my mandatory once a year purchase of Tory Burch flats and Ugg boots are investments in classics, since I do keep my clothes forever. I mean I do, really, and I can afford to because they are made so well, and I have, well, alot. I also 'give back' - by this I mean I purge my closets ever so often and sell anything I have not worn in a while on eBay, craigslist, facebook.

But if you have ever sold anything on ebay, you know the hell it can sometimes be. people seriously want a real Louis Vuitton for $50. I know it's a buyers market, but um.. yeah, no.

Which is why Fashionphile is my new best friend. They have gently used (really gently used) designer bags and accessories for less than you will find and the better quality than you will find on eBay - with all the worries about authentication safely out of the way. And get this - they also will sell your gently used designer stuff for a price that is not insulting and you get to make some other fashion-obsessed person's day. Now if that's not the most fabulous way to 'go green', I don't know what is.

No comments: